What are your plans this Thanksgiving? Are you going to spend it celebrating at a friend or loved one’s house, or head out on the town to take in some of the wonderful Thanksgiving events that are taking place this weekend all over the city of Los Angeles?
If you’d like to get out and try something new, here are just a few of the many things happening this weekend.
- Come out to the Turkey Trot at the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita. Nov. 27, 2014 8:30am. The College of the Canyons Athletic Department invites community members of all ages to run, walk, or jog in the sixth annual Thanksgiving Day ‘Turkey Trot’ event benefiting The Bonnie Heck Think Well Foundation and the college’s cross country and track & field programs. Registration takes place at the race start, no pre-registration is necessary. Participants can sign-in at the track finish line on the day of the event. An entry fee of $20 per runner includes a race T-shirt.
- Feeling warm and fuzzy? Celebrate Life with the Gentle Barn at the Richard Rioux Park in Santa Clarita, Nov. 27, 2014 4 – 9pm. Registration is required. Spend the evening feeding the turkeys pie and cranberries, eating delicious gourmet vegan food provided by Gardein, and warming yourself at the bonfire while participating in a Native American Drum Circle. Open to all ages. This fundraiser helps to support The Gentle Barn’s mission.
- Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? No? Great! CAFAM’s Annual Holiday Marketplace is taking place along miracle mile this weekend and is a great place to start. Featuring unique handmade items from skilled artisans from all over the world, live music and cocktails, the Holiday Marketplace just might be a fantastic place to spend some time this weekend whether you’re looking to do some shopping or not.
- For the auto-aficionado, the L.A. Auto Show will be going strong through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend at the LA Convention Center. After you’ve feasted your stomach, why not feast your eyes on the automotive smorgesboard awaiting you at the ten-day event. There will be celebrities doing meet-and-greets, a kid’s fun-zone for those 12 and under which features bounce houses, face-painting and games, and of course cars. Lots and lots of cars.
- Don’t feel like cooking? Want to be served instead of doing the serving? No problem! Mr. C’s in Beverly Hills has got your number. Those who attend should be prepared to gorge themselves on butternut squash ravioli, lobster bisque and turkey that’s been oven roasted to perfection. The beauty of this dinner isn’t just in the culinary expertise of the kitchen staff, but the fact that you don’t even have to eat it at Mr. C’s! The entire thing is available to go, so you can feast on delectable dainties in the comfort of your own home.
These are just a few of the many Los Angeles Thanksgiving events 2014 going on in the city this holiday weekend. Whatever you choose to do, from our family to yours, we at SCV Bail Bonds wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving.